Check out this great video
is the co-founder and President of the Baltimore African American Tourism Council of MD, Inc. and the Maryland African American Tourism Alliance. Working with co-founder the late Steven Pace, Errol E. Brown, Sr. and other supporters, since 1996 the Council continues to serve as a nonprofit, educational and tourism advocacy organization which has been active in the preservation and tourism community.
The Council’s mission “is to educate research, preserve, protect and promote Maryland’s African American History & Culture as a vital and beneficial product as part of the Baltimore/Maryland tourism industry.”
Lou Fields is also the founder and first president of the Greater Baltimore Black Chamber of Commerce (2005-2008), Black Dollar Exchange (2010) and serves as advocate for the establishment of the Baltimore City Council African American Tourism & Heritage Preservation Commission.
The Council provides information and referral services, travel and tourism services to communities, organizations, schools and public entities that are in need of research assistance and information services. Services include referrals and development assistance in history, heritage tourism & preservation, program development, funding sources, lectures, exhibits, and special events such as dedications and tributes about notable and unknown Marylanders.
Through the Council’s tourism division we provide heritage tours across Maryland, including the popular Frederick Douglass Path to Freedom Walking Tour in historic Fells Point Baltimore, Maryland. In my third book, the Maryland Black Facts Book you will find over 1,000 Black Facts on the achievements and contributions of African Americans in the State of Maryland. My newest book, Freedom Seekers, the Story of Early Abolitionists in Antebellum Baltimore will be released in May-June 2019.
I can be reached at mobile number 443.983.7974 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or www.bdx443.com. Listen to my weekly BDX Live Talk Show on Mondays, 1pm-3pm, WOLB 1010am. Listen online at www.wolbbaltimore.com or download the fee WOLB app.
The Council’s projects include…
· 2019, Establishment of the National African American Tourism Alliance · BDX Live Radio One Talk Show, Mondays, 1pm-3pm, WOLB 1010AM, www.wolbbaltimore.,com
· Baltimore City African American Tourism & Heritage Preservation Commission
· Charm City Cultural Heritage Tourism Symposium w/Ambassador Secretse of Botswana
· A TASTE of SOUL, a Charm City Culinary Tourism Initiative
· Charm City Tourism Awards, Luncheon & Symposium
· Legacy in Racing VIP Reception, Grand Prix of Baltimore
· Leon Day Negro League Park
· Langston Hughes Literary Symposium & Book Fair
· Royal Theater Monument on Historic Pennsylvania Avenue
· Frederick Douglass Historic Trail, Tour and Markers in Fell Point
· Harriet Ross Tubman Day - State of Maryland [March 10th]
· Maryland Black Writers Guild
· Buffalo Soldier Day in MD [February 20th]
· African American Historic Society of Western MD
· Maryland Underground Railroad Coalition, National UGRR gatherings.
· Maryland Black Tourism Network
· Greater Baltimore of Black Chamber of Commerce
· Mid-Atlantic African American Tourism Summit (MAAATS)
· Black Dollar Exchange business network
· 2019 House Resolution, Maryland House of Delegates, Speaker Pro Adrienne Jones
· 2019 Official Citation of Recognition, Maryland House of Delegates, Delegate Tony Bridges
· 2019 Senate Citation, Maryland Senate, Senator Adeline Echardt
· 2019 Black History Award, Empowerment Temple AME Church
· 2015 Official Citation, Legislative Black Caucus of MD, Delegate Barbara Robinson
· Frederick Douglass Bicentennial Award, Maryland Office of Tourism, 2019
· Baltimore Radio Talk Show Host Award, 2018
· Living History Honor Award (2017), Baltimore City Historical Society
· Malcolm X Legacy Award, 2017
· Torch of Success Award by Women of Pride, Dec 2016
· GBBCC 10th Anniversary Founder’s Award, October 2016
· Underground Railroad Advocate’s Award, UGRR free press
· 2013 Apex Travel & Tourism Award for Distinguished Service, Black Meetings & Tourism
· SBA – Maryland Minority Small Business Champion of the Year Award, May 20, 2011
· NAACP Thurgood Marshall Legacy Award, October 26, 2010
· Greater Baltimore Black Chamber of Commerce- Founder’s Award, May 28, 2009
· Keeper of the Flame Award – A Good Black Man, Inc., July 15, 2007
· Distinguished Black Marylander Award-Towson University, February 2002
· Maryland African American Heritage Preservation Award, October 6, 2006
· International Network to Freedom Award, March 11, 2000
· Outstanding Achievement & Community Service Award-Balt City Community College, April 28, 2007
· Community Service Recognition-Unv. of Maryland – Baltimore County
· Outstanding Citizen Award-Flair Modeling Agency, June 1, 2003
· Outstanding Advocate Award-Blacks in Baseball,
· Mayoral Citation Awards from Mayor DuBurns, Mayor Schmoke, O’Malley, Pugh
· Citizen Awards for tourism and preservation Governors’ Glendening, Erhlich, O’Malley, Hogan
· Congressional Citation from Congressman Elijah Cummings, City of Salisbury
· Legislative Black Caucus of Maryland, Baltimore City Council, Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Frederick counties.